I wrote this letter to Levi last week. I wrote it to put it in his scrapbook so that he could read it someday.
July 24, 2008
Dear Levi-
As I write this letter, you are sitting in our living room playing with your toys. You are almost 8 months old now! I don’t know where the past 8 months have gone and while they have been some of the most tiring and stressful months of my life, they have been the most enjoyable and rewarding months as well!
As I watch you now, you are one mischievous little boy. You start our playing with your toys and then you sneak over to mommy’s drink coasters and picture frames and start banging on them. You look at me, smile and crinkle your nose, and I can’t help but smile back!
You are one very determined little boy. Daddy says that you have the personality to be a great leader some day! You are very driven to learn new things. You just learned to crawl a few weeks ago, but that isn’t good enough for you! Now you are standing and acting like you want to walk. You have lots of energy and are sometimes very hyper, just like your daddy. In turn, daddy says that you have a temper just like your mommy. We’re just teasing you, but you do get very upset when you don’t get whatever it is you want! You are a little boy filled with spunk and with life and I love that about you. If I am sad, I can look at you and you make it better.
Just a few moments ago you came over to me and grabbed my arm and starting “eating” it like it was a piece of corn on the cob! And when I moved you away from my arm, you threw a holy fit! Oh Levi, we have lots of lessons to learn, and trust me, we will.
Thank you for teaching me so much. You give me no choice but to love you unconditionally. You bring such joy into mine and your daddy’s lives. You make us smile and laugh, cry and get frustrated, you make us give up our own wishes and wants sometimes, but in the end it is completely worth it.
I must go now- you are reaching for my hands. The shirt you are wearing today pretty much sums up your personality. It says, “My Mom THINKS she’s in charge!” We certainly look forward to what you become as you grow up, but just don’t grow up too fast. And do remember always that it won’t be about WHO you are, but WHOSE you are, and we pray that your heart will someday belong to Jesus. We love you!
Love, Your Mom
1 comment:
very nice, i'm sure he will appreceiate it years from now..... besides you'll need something to cover those nude levi baby pic's :o)
Post a Comment