Sunday, June 19, 2011

Caring for Carrie!

Last weekend when I was up in Ohio with the boys, we participated in the Caring for Carrie 5K. This run is in honor of Carrie Chivington Roeth who was taken home to be with the Lord after her battle with cancer. She was my age! Carrie was a true woman of God. She was a wife and mother. I blogged about her a few years ago shortly after she passed away....(if I was tech savy, I would include the link to it...but I have no idea how to do that! So just scroll down on the side and eventually you can find it) Her legacy on this side of Heaven will not be forgotten. Here's some pictures of the run.


Getting ready before the race!



Waiting to start!



That's Aaron leading the way-one of Carrie's 3 brothers....



this spells TROUBLE!



So yes, initially I started out with Colt- but then I dropped him off with mom and the rest of the kids so I could run!



Mom's grandkids at her parents gravesite. I miss my grandma and grandpa. I wish they could have met my children!!



Coming back, I picked Colt back up and the kids and I finished the race running together...that was fun!



That's us way up there heading for the finish line!



We re-enacted this pose later after the race was over ;) Levi and the other kids ended up doing the fun run for kids....him and I hope to do another race sometime soon.



All of us with Justin - Carrie's husband.


It was so great to see old freinds that day and together, honor and celebrate the life of Carrie :)

No comments: