We have this little wooden Christmas house that has doors on it that you can open and put little notes inside of it- and it has the 25 days of Christmas on the little doors. Anthony and I actually purchased the house before we had kids because I found it on sale, and at that time, I knew that one day I would want to use it for some kind of Christmas countdown thing for my kids. Well that time has come!! Although we didn't do all 25 days- we did the 12 days leading up to Christmas this year. Levi loved it so much, that I can only assume that next year we will attempt to do something fun for each of the 25 days. It was really fun-the first thing Levi would do each morning was to go straight to the house and pull the piece of paper out, bring it to me, and ask "what does it say for today???" It'll be a fun family tradition that we will look forward to every year!
These pictures are NOT in any order (it takes way too long to do that for some reason on this blog- and as you know, my time is limited!) And I didn't get pictures for everything that we did--but here are some of them :)
Get a new Christmas book and read it.
Go to Southern Lights at the Kentucky Horse Park- this marked our 3rd year of doing this...this year was crazy-we went in 60 degree weather!
Get a new ornament and hang it on the tree. Levi got a Lightening Mcqueen one and Colt got a Mickey Mouse one. Both ornaments were broken at some point before Christmas, lol!
Wrap your brother's Christmas gift!
Deliver Christmas goodies to our freinds and neighbors
Call Grandma and Grandpa and sing them a Christmas carol- Levi choose Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer:)
On the 24th- we got to do a lot of fun traditions- so that piece of paper was BIG and had lots of things listed on it--Levi even said when he pulled it out--Holy cow- that's lots of stuff today!!
I will do my next post of our Christmas Eve :)
No comments:
Post a Comment