Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas gift for Anthony's Dad

I try and use my creativeness (I don't know if that is a real word) as often as I can....and especially for gifts for my parents and Anthony's parents. This Christmas I was able to come up with something really special for Anthony's dad.....and here is a little taste of it.

I was able to take this picture and blow it up big, turn it black and white, crop it a little bit and with the computer program at Meijer's, I was able to write on the bottom of the picture in big letters, "3 Generations" I then framed it in a big black and white picture frame.
I then took another picture frame and used the same picture but put it in the background of the following poem.....Anthony and his dad both thought that I found the poem on the internet or in some book somewhere, but I promise I did write it myself.
3 Generations of Hands

Hands are what we hold onto,
when we are little and afraid.
Hands help hold us together,
and it’s with our hands we pray.

God made our hands for helping,
for working and for waving goodbye.
He too even made our hands,
for comforting a friend who cries.

What’s the significance of these hands you ask?
The generations: one, two, three.
The hand providing the foundation for my son,
were the very hands that once held me.
I wish I could have put the what the final 2 products looked like on here, but I can't figure that out...so at least you get the idea. I was so excited to give Anthony's dad this gift and I'm pretty sure he LOVED it:) So if anyone wants to use the poem, I won't be mad...in fact I would be honored....just let me know if anyone does it because I would love to know!!! Just make sure you have the grandpa's hand on the bottom, then the son, then the grandson...Im sure it could be used as well for 4 generations! Hope you all enjoyed a little insight to my "creative side!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool, your too talented....

janis said...

that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you get your creativity. I know it wasn't from me. The poem is lovely.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful...you're so gifted