Friday, May 1, 2009

Harlem Wizards Game!!

On Anthony's days off this week, we decided to double the size of our garden!!! We now have tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, banana peppes, green peppers and strawberries!! We'll let ya know if we actually grow anything!

Last night, Anthony and I got to play against the Harlem Wizards..they are sort of like the Globetrotters, but obviously not as famous...and their job is to play for fundraisers while entertaining. We played with the school here in town, Northside Elementary, where I used to sub a lot at. Anthony played because he is a police officers. Our team consisted of teachers, staff, principals, sherriffs, police officers and other community leaders. A teacher and the county superintendent were our "coaches". It was a blast!! The Wizards brought in 6 guys to play against us, and one of them was a former Florida State player...he was the 3rd leader shot blocker in school history....so Anthony got to play against him! The other players were all former college players and some former professional players. I was so proud of Anthony....he did so awesome! Even after the game, the players were saying how strong and athletic he was! And that was all while playing sick! (Anthony went to the clinic today and was diagnosed with a sinus infection...yuk! He wasn't even sure he was going to get to play yesterday because he ran a fever all day) Levi has been sick too, but I think it almost all over his. He has been throwing up a little..stuffy nose, sore throat I think, and a nasty cough. Last night was his first night of good sleep for about 4 days...maybe it was because he was so worn out from the game! All he wanted to do was run around and get out on the court! But once the game started, he was pretty entertained by the tricks and dunks that they players were doing...yea, I guess the M&M's and suckers helped out a little bit too! :)

All of my pictures turned out dark and blury..it was hard trying to take pictures, while watching Levi and playing!!! I have lots of stories about last night, including how they picked on me a little bit during one of their "stunts". During the player introductions, Levi even got to go out to half court with us!!! I ended up making two 3 pointers and one or two other shots. We had a blast!

Here's some of the teachers turned cheerleaders!! The whole atmosphere was so fun and I am so thankful that Levi will be going to such an awesome school when he gets older! :)

Check-out my facebook page for some more pictures....blury and dark..but you get the idea!




No comments: