Have you ever had a moment where you feel God is directly teaching you something, whether it's a small thing or a big thing? Well, this morning around 6:30 a.m., I had one of those "faith moments" as I will call it.
I woke up to Levi crying around 6:30 and I could tell he was upset. I went over to his room and took him his puppy (what he calls his pacifier) and I handed it to him to see if that would calm him down. He took it in his hand, but I could tell he was still upset, and to which he told me, "Mommy, I'm wet!!" and he put his hands up in the air as he wanted me to pick him up. I told him it was okay and started to calm his tears, when again he said, "Mommy, help me!" as he held up his hands. I didn't think twice as to my reaction, as I got him a new diaper and pants and placed a dry blanket under him so he would fall back asleep. I planned on changing the sheet when he woke up later. I layed him back down, gently patted his belly, gave him a kiss and told him, "It's okay buddy....I love you!" and I left his room. He fell back asleep almost instantly.
As I returned back to my bed, I couldn't fall back asleep. Many times when I can't sleep..my mind wanders off and I will find myself thinking about random things that I want to do during the day or whatever.
But this morning, I found myself comparing the event that just took place to how our Heavenly Father cares for us. Just as I was able to run to my child's side when he was upset and afraid, so does our Father to us when we need him most. I couldn't help but think of Levi's outstretched arms reaching for me to help him. That's exactly what our Father wants us to do! He wants us to call out for Him and ask Him for help. And when He does, He too will respond with, "It'll be okay, I'm here for you and most of all, I love you!"
I never did fall back asleep this morning as I lay there thinking about my Father's love for me. It's easy to get caught up in the busy day and forget to take the time to thank Him for His love for us. I'm so thankful that this morning, He allowed me to experience what I did with my own child, so that I could clearly remember His love for me.
As Easter draws near, I am praying that I can take the time to think about and be thankful for what Christ did for us all when he died on the cross. It's my humble prayer that I can teach my children about Christ and just how much he loves us all.
That's all...my little "faith moment" for the day. I hope perhaps it encourages you today!
1 comment:
You didn't tell me about this story!
Post a Comment