So yesterday was another nice day outside...mid 60's or so and sunny...almost felt like 70 out! We played outside all day long. Right before we went out for dinner, Kaden was over playing with his little 4-wheeler he got for Christmas. It's a little green one and it's really cute. Levi really really liked riding it, it's an automatic one that goes up to a whopping 2 miles an hour! So anyway, when it was time to go, Levi cried and cried when they went home saying that he wanted to ride it more. So Anthony gets the genious idea to tell him, if he stops crying that maybe we would go to the store and buy him one. We are not the type to just go out and buy something for our child, so the only reason I agreed to the purchase was beacuse Levi still had a lot of money on a few Wal-Mart gift cards from Christmas.
The whole way to Frankfort, Levi sat in the back of the truck telling us he was going to get a 4-wheeler, only he wanted a blue one. We simply agreed to it just to keep him from throwing a fit! Why argue about the color and cause more drama than neccessary?!
When we pulled into the Mexican resteraunt for dinner, Levi was not happy that we weren't at Wal-Mart. So we explained to him that he first needed to eat all his dinner in order to get a 4-wheeler. I'm telling you, I've never seen the boy behave and eat so good before in his life!!!!! He ate his whole plate of enchilada's, beans AND rice. He usually isn't a big fan of rice, but I guess he understood that he needed to eat it all!
Afterwards we drove over to Wal-Mart and walked inside. We immediately went to the bike section and saw the exact same 4-wheeler that Kaden had. We pumped Levi up about it and told him it was awesome and that green was the best! He still had he heart set on blue though! After reading the box, we learned that this green 4-wheeler wasnt an automatic one however, and it just had lights and sounds on it. We didn't want to get that kind for him and have him not want to ride it. So I took it back out of the cart and proceeded to watch him get upset. We calmed him down and said we were gonna keep looking. We found a pink princess one that was absolutely perfect...it was the right size and it was automatic and everything....only problem was that it was pink and had princesses on it! It was the last one of that style, and it was even the floor model.
We felt terrible! Here we had promised Levi a 4-wheeler and it looked like it wasn't going to happen. I wasn't looking forward to the ride home! As we were walking out of the aisle, I noticed a box on the shelf that was a Mickey Mouse 4-wheeler. I thought for sure it would be too expensive or not the right type or something like that. I yelled at Anthony....."Uh, I think this one may work!" He thought I was joking so he immediatly ran over and grabbed the box up and started reading. It was just like the princess one we had seen, only it was the boy version...we had just the right amount on the gift cards for it, it was automatic and the greatest part about it.......IT WAS BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after all that hassel, Levi ended up getting his blue 4-wheeler after all! He talked about it the whole way home...I've never seen him so excited. Of course, it was the hardest wait of his life waiting for Anthony to get it all out and ready to ride. I think he must have rode it in a hundred circles in our house last night. This morning when he woke up, it was the first thing he asked for!
So thank you to everyone who got him a gift card to Wal-Mart fo Christmas....we knew we wanted to wait until the warmer weather to get him something nice for outside....and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly for him to get his blue 4-wheeler last night!
Here's some pictures of Levi on his new ride!
1 comment:
I bet Levi is really loving his four wheeler with the warmer weather! Riley just wants to be outside 24/7 since we took her out the first time! Happy Birthday Richard!
Post a Comment