For mother's day, we visited my mom and dad up in Ohio. It was a fantastic weekend!!
On Friday night, our freinds Drew and Kristin came up and hung out with our family and they told us that they are HAVING A BABY!!!! Anthony and I say that their baby will either be Levi's roommate at college (if they have a boy) or soulmate (if it's a girl!!!). We are so excited for them and can't wait till January when there little one should arrive:)
Saturday we had beautiful weather and it was so nice to be outside in the country once again! We rode bikes....ate food....took the dogs for a walk and let them swim in the creek...ate more food.....we played cornhole...which it was obvious that I was rusty!!....and then ordered pizza and ate that too! Mom had apple dumplin's for dessert and we ate those too!! Also...Anthony and Dad watched Levi so mom and I could go shopping!! Mom got Levi some adorable outfits and she got me a hanging basket for mother's day. Oh yea..we stopped by the farmer's market to look at their flowers but we ended up buying chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon bread which of course, later we ended up eating!
On Sunday...my first mother's day, Anthony woke up with Levi so I could sleep in (unfortunatley we didn't make church though) Then we all went to Cracker Barrel for lunch! That was a nice treat for Anthony and I as we don't get out to resteraunts much. We not only celebrated mother's day, but also Anthony and I's 3rd anniversary which is coming up tomorrow!! Then my grandma came up that afternoon for a visit. It rained pretty much the whole day, but it did break long enough for Anthony and I to get the bikes out again and go riding with the dogs and we got in one quick game of cornhole!! I smoked him this time! In the evening we got out some home videos of when I was little and watched those. It was hilarious to see how fat and annoying I was. It was a great weekend to watch the videos being mother's day....it made me see just exactly what my mother put up with all those years!! Thanks Mom! :) Also..Anthony had a great time seeing my parents years ago and how goofy dad was! After we were done, Dad got on the floor and had Levi laughing so hard!! It was so funny! Dad was laughing so hard too that he rolled over and almost had tears in his eyes. I'll never forget that memory!
Then the depression of Monday came when we had to pack up and come home. (Sorry Loretta for not making it to school to see you..but Levi says hi!!) The reality hit us hard when we got home and realized our house had been hit by a storm and our swing was halfway down our hill, our grill was knocked over and broke, we had siding coming off the side of our house and our rocking chair on the front porch was upside down in the flower beds!!! Anthony managed to fix most of those things though which was a huge blessing!
Anyway..we had a great time at mom and dad's and can't wait to do it all over again! This week will be fun though. Our anniversary is tommorrow, my 2 best freinds from college are coming down Thursday and Friday and then it will be Anthony's days off again!
2 comments:
Thats OK Tammi, I remember how busy you can be with a little one(or in my case 2). But it is so much fun to be able to see his pics on here and read your stories about him and I also hear them from your mom. She enjoys telling us all about him. And I love listening to them also. Continue to enjoy him everyday. Tell Levi I said "HI"
Loretta
wow ! quite the excitting Mom's day for sure. good to hear your storm damage wasn't too bad and that "handy anthony" could fix everthing.
love the pic's :o)
Post a Comment