Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lightning Strikes!

As you can tell, it's been a long time since I've updated my blogpage. Thats because last week during a big storm, we got struck by lightning and it fried out computer. So just today we got our new computer and are back online. It's amazing how much we rely on technology these days. I don't know how many times Anthony and I were talking about something, and we were like...I'll just go check the internet...then remember we didn't have it. Things like..checking the weather...looking up recipes....one night we were trying to remember where the summer Olympics were in 2004 and we couldn't figure it out so we were like..let's go check the, nevermind, we don't have it. So Anthoy called his sister and found out the answer! So while we felt dissconnected with the world, we felt more connected with each other. I think we may start turning the computer off more now...so while it really stunk that we had to buy a new computer, we were able to find many positives about this experience. 1. Our hard drive was still there and that was saved (for a fine price of course!) 2. we learned a valuable lesson that during a storm to turn your computer off even if it is "asleep" and 3. that you should have an updated surge protector (ours was like 6 years old!).
Levi turned 6 months old this past week! I can't beleive it! He is starting to get up on his hand and knees and I know he will be taking off any day now! We actually went to Lowe's and bought safety gear for the house...gates, locks ect! He is also starting to sit up on his own, however our dr. told us that it may take him longer since he is so big! Speaking of our doctor. Levi had his 6 month checkup on Friday. He is still huge and in the 100 percentile in hieght and 95 th in weight. He is getting harder and harder for me to hold and he LOVES being held alot right now. He has figured out the Johnny Jump Up and LOVES it!! Its so funny...every morning while Im eating breakfast I put him in there for his "morning exercises" and he just goes to town in that thing! Oh, also...Levi said his first word this past week! MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha....actually I dont know if it's really his first word or not....he has no idea that he's saying it, but he does make the sound mommamomomomamomma , and I got it on tape for proof!


Anthony taught Levi to do the "Sprinkler"!!!!!





The owners book says not to use the exersaucer as a sled or to fill it up with water. So since it never snows here and we can't use it as a sled, we tried out the other. We taped up the holes and filled it with water. I'll never understand why they say not to do it because Levi loved it!


The picture on the left was taken on Levi's 6 month b-day! On the right, Levi is in his new Diego hat!

2 comments:

mark said...

wow ! he's sure getting big, 6 mo. , man it seems only yesterday he was born .
cute boy :o)

Drew and Kristin said...

Levi is soo cute! I love his chubby little cheeks. :)