Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bird Watching

We have been completely spoiled with the amazing weather the past few days....I think yesterday and Sunday it was in the upper 60's! I personally thanked the Lord for giving us those beautiful days in Feb. because I am about to go crazy being inside the house all day with a 1 year old. Anyway, it was somewhat short lived because today was rainy. Levi doesn't understand that one day can be nice and then the next rainy because he insisted on going out again today. Through-out the day he'd bring me his shoes and sit down in front of me as if waiting for me to get him ready to go out! So we did the best we could to distract him from the temptation of the outdoors. He has been going through phases of what animal he likes....a few weeks ago it was monkeys (which he still really does like) but currently, he is really into birds. Yes, I said birds. Only Levi refers to them as "bub" and "buba". Today we must have watched the birds forever. He's really fascinated by them. On Sunday when it was warm out, Anthony walked with Levi out to the Llama, buffalo, cattle farm (plus one camel) and took him by the pond...there were hundreds of Canadian geese out there. Once they got out there, they all took off flying and making lots of noise. It was probably the coolest thing for Levi..and I think Anthony enjoyed it to. So yes, today was spent watching the birds out the window. Here's a snapshot I took of the boys "birdwatching".

This one is from a few days ago....thought I would throw it in here too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so a fireman...not a police man !!

Anonymous said...

To this day Riley is still fascinated with birds! I wanted to let you know that Regis and Kelly have their beautiful baby search going on again. You should enter Levi's picture! It is on their webiste. If you win, he would get $125,000 scholarship for college! I entered Riley's picture last year and again this year.

Drew and Kristin said...

I love seeing pictures of Levi...what a cutie!!