Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We celebrated Valentine's day by going to church this morning and tonight we are going to go out for dinner :) It's supposed to start snowing tonight and the weatherman is calling for 5-7 inches...we'll see how much we really get!

Me and Levi..my little Valentine!

Daddy and Levi on Valentine's Day!

Anthony and Levi got me flowers for Valentine's day this year! They are so beautiful...shipped straight from South America, thanks to Proflowers.com! There was supposed to be a bear included in the box, but they forgot it....so Anthony got a discount on the flowers instead....sounds like a great deal to me!

Aren't they pretty!?

Levi and I got Anthony something little. We decorated a box and put NERDS candy in it and some of those Cadbury Eggs...both are Anthony's favorite. Levi had a great time helping me make it....actually he ended up with his hands covered in glue stick and pieces of paper all over the place, but he had a good time.

Levi helping me make Anthony's card!

Our finished product!

This morning when we gave our gift to Anthony, Levi ran up to him with a great big smile on his face and said, "Happy Valentine's Day Daddy!" It was precious :) And through-out the rest of the day today, he's been telling us both "Happy Valentine's Day Mommy and Daddy!"
So this past week I had a little bit of a scare with my pregnany. Actually it wasn't a "scare" but more of an inconvenience. On Wednesday I had my normal dr. appt. and this time I had to drink a glucola drink (basically all sugar) to have my sugar tested. I had to drink the stuff exactly one hour before going in and then have my finger pricked to test my levels.
Stupid me, I had eaten a bowl of cereal and drank orange juice before I went in. They said you could eat and drink before drinking the glucola, but nothing after. Since I still get nauseated if I have nothing in my stomach, I ate breakfast as normal that morning to help me feel better. Well, big surpise..my sugar levels came back higher than normal. This meant that I could have gestational diabetes. I was pretty upset about this, but the nurse assured me that after further testing I could find out that I didn't have it. I'll be honest, I was pretty mad about it too...this pregnancy has been pretty rough already and this was not the news I wanted to hear!
So the next morning, after fasting since the night before (yes, I felt nauseated going in!) I had to go to the lab by my dr's office and go through more testing. This consisted of drinking more of the nasty sugar drink...which this time was more concentrated and was little bit more in volumn and have my blood drawn 4 times. Once before I drank the stuff, then every hour for 3 hours after. And for some reason, I have horendous viens for taking blood, so I got stuck about 6 times in the same arm over the course of the 3 hours I was there! I had to drink the stuff quickly and it make me feel pretty nauseated once again! NOT FUN! And did I mention how bored I was sitting there for 3 hours and uncomfortable those waiting room chairs were! My arm is black and blue today from all those needles!
My dr's office said they would only call if I indeed had gestational diabetes and from there I would be set up with a diabetes counselor (fun!) I had asked my freind Jennafer who's the nurse at my dr's office what that would all entail and she informed me of dieting, exericising and pricking myself 4 times a day to check my sugar levels. To say the least, I was not excited upon hearing this news! If you remember, I passed out when I had to stick a needle in myself when I had the zofran pump. So..I was really praying that I had passed the test!
The next day I got a phone call. I totally freaked because they said they would only call if I failed the test. For about 2 minutes, I was frozen! I then checked the voicemail to hear Jennafer's voice saying I had nothing to worry about and that I was completely normal! YAY!!!! I was thrilled to get that news and relieved that my sugar levels were fine :) After thinking about it, I rememberd that with Levi that I did not eat or drink anything before the glucola stuff and I passed that first time with no problems. So word to the wise...if you go in for a glucose test...just don't eat or drink anything at all!!!

Here I am with baby Colt inside...yes, I am HUGE!!! We started this weekend decorating the nursery and moving stuff out of the office....on my next blog, I'll post some pictures of that!

No comments: