So 2 things happened this weekend to make me realize that my boys are growing up.
1. Levi no longer is calling us mommy and daddy, but mom and dad. He's been hanging out with Trevor, a neighbor boy who is almost 5 and I think Levi hears him call his mom and dad, mom and dad, so he has picked up on that. It's neat in a way to no that he is growing up and developing his grammer, but I miss being called Mommy...at least I still have Colt!
2. Just today I did a load of the boy's laundry and I packed all of Colt's newborn clothes away! This was sad because I know that I won't see anymore of my own kids wearing them. With Levi, it wasn't like that because I knew if we had another boy, I'd see him wear the outfits. So yes, today was a little bittersweet in doing that, but also again, somewhat exciting in a way because I know Colt is growing!
There's a book by Karen Kingsbury called "Let Me Hold You Longer" and it talks about how if I'd known that certain things were going to be my child's last, I would have tried to hold on a little longer. I totally felt that way today as I was packing those little newborn sleepers away. I know that time will pass and my boys will grow up...but I want to hold onto the sweet precious memories that we have together right now and not let them slip away. To all mom's of little ones, I totally recomend this book! It was Levi's favorite book for a while and I remember by the end of the book, I would have tears in my eyes as he would sit next to me with his head on my shoulder. I thank God for these memories :)
On a different note, I wrote this on my facebook yesterday, but thought I would share it on here too. I was on the computer yesterday morning and all 3 of the boys were playing under the bed covers...yes, all 3 boys! Anthony was making some kind of scary sounds when Levi said,"It's okay baby Colt, I will protect you from the monsters, and Jesus will protect you too!" It made my heart smile, so I just thought I would share that with whoever is reading this!

Levi loves holding baby Colt..iit usually starts off good like this...

...and then leads to Levi kissing Colt all over...

...which then leads to Colt screaming his head off!! Notice Levi is trying to calm him down by patting his belly and going "shh, shh, shh"!

Levi's new fishing pole! A few days ago he got to go to the preschool end of the year party up at school with some of the kids in the neighborhood. He went with our neighbors who said that he never moved away from the fishing pond that was set up. They had food and swimming pools and games, but the entire time, Levi went fishing! So I found a pole for him at the grocery store a few days ago and we gave it to him yesterday.

Look Mom, I caught one!

Yes, he is wearing a diaper, but he looks naked!

I can never give Anthony a haircut anymore without Levi asking for one too!
No comments:
Post a Comment