Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

It seems like growing up, Christmas Eve was almost more exciting than Christmas day itself. The anticipation was always so much more fun than the day...and now with having kids, I am reminded of this! Levi has been counting down the days till Christmas Eve ever since the tree went up on Thanksgiving night. So on Christmas Eve morning, he ran into our room with such excitement! It was a very fun and relaxing day, and we were all able to get up early since Anthony had taken off the night before! We visited Mr. Ken's store early that day...it was very festive at his store...we had to pick up some batteries and I got a dose of caffiene from a soda fountain drink. When we got home we made some cookies so that Levi could set them out for Santa! The rest of the afternoon was pretty layed back....we kept checking the weather to see how much snow we were expecting! The state of Kentucky has only had 11 or 12 white Christmas's before, so we were more than excited! Before dinner, the boys opened their gifts from each other...this is a tradition we will do every year....so that they can be sure to appreciate each other's gift without any other distractions! Here's some pictures of that....

Colt really did a good job opening up his present!

Levi was really excited that Colt had gotten him some CARS!

lol...he was very thankful to him!

Then later we got ready for Christmas Eve service at our church. Colt had been asleep for over an hour, so I was a little nervous about how he would be once I woke him up. I don't know why I was....he LOVED the service...especially the music! He was actually in a fantastic mood the whole time and then when we got him, he went straight back to bed. What a blessing that was! Here's some pictures before heading to church....


Sorry Colt we didn't get any with you....we let you sleep as long as possible!

So on the way home that night, it was snowing....and it wasn't just any old snow...it was the most beautiful big flake fluffy white Christmas snow!!! It was a memory that I will never ever forget!

Once home, Levi went straight to bed....it was the easiest night to ever put him to bed...he was so excited to fall asleep so that Santa would come! Again....I can remember being JUST LIKE THAT when I was little!

Our tree after Santa visited.

I will try and get pictures of Christmas Day up soon!

No comments: