Thursday, December 9, 2010

Southern Lights!

Last Friday we bundled up the kids and drove to the Kentucky Horse Park for our annual trip to see the Southern Lights. I say annual....but this is only our second year doing it! We are hoping to be able to do it every year though, so that's why I say annual!

Getting ready to leave...Levi was real pumped up about it!

My one and only attempt at the ligths..I couldn't figure out how to do it with my camera and honestly I just wanted to enjoy them and not worry about taking pictures. Did I mention that I also had one hyper 7 month old on my lap. By the time we left..it was already past Colt's normal bedtime, but he was crazy hyper during the car ride!

Getting ready to board the train! Levi remembered this part from last year!

Daddy and son on train!

Mommy and other son on train...I have no idea why my eyes are the size of bowling balls...I guess I was excited to ride the train!

Inside....seeing the horse, I forget his name. Levi wasn't real crazy about him....he was itching to go see the little trains!

But first we checked out the petting zoo!

Colt's first time seeing the camels....oh wait, he was asleep!

Finally getting to see the trains....I think we were inside this part for about 30 minutes!

Colt woke up and watched the trains too....he really enjoys watching Levi's train at home go round and round, so he really was watching these ones too!

He couldn't get his face close enough!

Before heading home, we stopped and splurged on a funnel cake :) It was GOOOOOD! We had a great time as a family and like I said, hopefully we get to do it ever year. However, some good freinds of our went to this thing called Lights Under Louisville which I think we may do next year....google it if you want to see what it's all about!

Next blog will be Levi's birthday day when we took him to Gatti's :)

No comments: