On Sunday, Hurricane Ike "hit" Kentucky! I think we heard that when it hit Louisville, it was still a category 1! WOW! That's only an hour away from here. We had lots and lots of wind...no rain, just wind.....60 mph to be exact! It was fun for a little while and Levi enjoyed it for a little while too. Then the reality sunk in that high wind speeds can do damage! We were pretty fortunate and only had a few things break or fall off. One memory I will never forget is during these high winds, Anthony had the bright idea of climbing up the ladder to try and reattach one of our gutters that had broken loose. Not such a good idea if you ask me! I was the lucky one to hold the ladder and all of a sudden when Anthony was on the roof, it blew right out of my hands! Once again, I'm sure our neighbors were thinking..."who gets up on their roof DURING a storm?...oh yes, the rednecks on Carriage Lane do!!" Luckily we got done what we needed to and we were all safe! We will always look back on and remember Levi's first Hurricane!
1 comment:
YEAH, IKE CAME HERE TO SPRINGFIELD ,OHIO TOO. As i watched my new flag pole go down sunday afternoon, the tree limbs falling, and things fly down the street i thought i was in Oz !
Power was out for 15 hrs or so. I can't imagine what the texas coast is like.
Post a Comment