Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

Today more than any other year on my birthday I have been reminded how precious life is...how precious every year, every month, every day, every minute and second we are given from God is so very precious. A freind of mine from back home passed away this morning...she has not lost, but won her victory over cancer and I beleive is now rejoicing with the angels above! Michelle was my age and we grew up playing softball and volleyball together. She was a sweet girl, who would laugh at the fact I know live in Kentucky. She used to make fun of my "inproper" use of grammer when we played volleyball together. "Hillbilly" I think was the term she used to call me! She was my age....my age....I wrestle back and forth with God of why he would allow such a vibrant young person be taken from those on earth who love her...but just as those thoughts enter my min, I am instantly reminded that we are not living for this side of eternity...but for our eternal home. So today I am reminded that God has given me another year of my life to enjoy everything he has given me. I look at Levi and I am so humbled that God would allow me to borrow him for this lifetime, because really....Levi doesn't belong to me, but he belongs to God.

Lately I have been listening to the song by Jeremy Camp, called "There Will Be A Day". I love this song because its taken straight from Revelations and talks of the New Jerusalem that will come to earth one day...and on that day, there will be no more pain and no more tears. On a day like today when a freind has passed away, it sure is an encouragement that one day there will be no more of both. And while we do look forward to God's eternal promises, may we also enjoy the time He gives us know and thank Him always for another birthday, another month, and another day.

Thank you everyone for your kind words on my birthday....I am certainly blessed to have all my family and freinds! :) Please pray for Michelle's family!!!

Here's a link to the song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gkDiTvloc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tam, sorry to hear about your friend :o(....she's enjoying life with the Lord now :o)
love ya, mark

Anonymous said...

Hey Rich, Just wanted to give you this web address.

http://obit.jamiesonandyannucci.com/obitdisplay.html?id=646403&listing=All

That is Michelle's obituary. I thought you might want to read it)if you havent already) and you can post a message to her family from that site too. I work with her dad so they let us know about that.