I missed putting Colt's 6 month pictures on here on the 24th, however we are all still fighting some nasty funk of a cold...so I haven't been up to doing much lately.
Looking back on the last 6 months, I have so much to be thankful for. The Lord has blessed Anthony and me with 2 wonderful little boys! Colt is starting to get more active and more on high demand. I guess I didn't realize how easy it was having a newborn compared to what stage he's in now. I never thought I would find myself saying it was easy having a newborn, because Levi was AWFUL as a newborn. However, Colt was pretty layed back which made it nice. Now enters a more difficult stage, although the funny thing is, I know that in 6 more months, I'll look back and think....man, I had it so easy then before Colt starting crawling...walking...so on. Oh- the days I look forward to my boys fighting and not sharing and telling on each other....yes, I'm sure I'll miss this stage!
With that said...I am still thankful that Colt is a great sleeper. Last night he went down at 5:30 and I had to wake him up at 7:45 this morning. Now I know that sounds great and all, but the child was a holy terror during the day!! He loves to be entertained and if he's not getting it, he will let you know! I feel bad for him too because with Levi- he got adult stimulation...poor Colt- he's getting his older brother's ignorant stimulation. Levi loves to get in his face while I'm reading to him, and go BLAHHHHH BLAHHHH BLAHHHHH!!!! Geeez- if Colt can learn words and to talk by the time he goes to kindergarden, then I'll consider it a success!
Colt does love his brother and he does get into a good belly laugh when Levi's being a dork. It is neat to see their interaction, small as it may be for now. The other day, I was taking the boys to the park when Levi starting talking to me about Jesus. We've been reading stories about how Jesus is strong, so I think that may have been what struck up this conversation. He told me, "Mommy- Jesus protects me!!!" I said "Yes he sure does...does he protect mommy and daddy too?" He said, "YES!!!!" I said, "what about baby Colt?" He replied, YES!!! Jesus protects Colt because He can punch anything!" Yes- I'm guessing Levi made the connection that being strong means you can punch anything. Levi does have a sense of being the big protective brother to Colt, however if there's anything too big that Levi doesn't want to save Colt from-he'll be sure to tell me that "Jesus can do it!"
Here's a few pictures of Colt...a few days after he turned 6 months..don't mind the snot coming out of his nose!!!
I'm making Birthday Books for the boys which include pictures every year on their birthday and then a letter that I write to them telling them about their personalities and things that we have done during the previous year or milestones they've accomplished....I'm hoping to get Levi's 3rd year letter started soon because he will be 3 before I know it!
Stay tuned-I have some good blogs to do including the day we saw Minority Leader John Boehner and Andy Barr.
1 comment:
I love the stories you tell about your boys. Too funny!! :) And I LOVE your birthday book idea. I might just have to steal that idea from you. I know what you mean about thinking the stage you're in is difficult when you know you'll be missing it later on...I remember thinking when Jenna was a baby how difficult it was; how I was exhausted and couldn't get anything done. Ha! Give me 1 child any day. :)
Post a Comment