So on Thursday we met mom at a McDonalds in Florence, KY for lunch and Anthony headed back home. The plan was to stop at the IKEA store in Cincinnati to do some shopping. I had never been there before and I have wanted to stop by, but it never worked out, so I was excited. So mom, Levi and I walked around the store and it took us about an hour or so. Levi loved it....his favorite part was following the big arrows that took you from room to room. I found him a road map rug for cheap, so it's being stored at mom and dad's house until his birthday. Well as we walked out to the parking lot my mom realized she didn't have her keys. So she looked and looked and I looked and looked. Did I mention that it was pretty hot out? It wasn't too terrible, but it was hot enough for both of us to start sweating. So after realizing we didn't have they keys, we started thinking through our options. Mom called dad who said there was a spare key under the bumper.....neither of us could find it go figure. So I checked with the store to see if anyone turned a key in...no luck. So mom called her sister who lives 15 min. from them (about an hour a half from IKEA) to tell her to go to my parents house to get a key and bring them to us. In the meantime, she calls Triple A to see if someone could come unlock the van....we didn't know if it would help or not because we didnt know if the keys were in the van. They said it would be 45 min. or so. So I took Levi BACK to the store and let him run around. Did I mention it was his naptime? You would have never of guessed it though. Apparently he was not effected by the situation because he had a BLAST inside the store. He ended up going up the escalator, and if you have ever been there, you know that once you get to the top, that you either have to go through the WHOLE set-up all over again, go through the EMERGENY EXIT ONLY doors, or ask someone for help. I did the third option....all while carrying my screaming and kicking child who wanted to go find more arrows! So we got back down and he ran all over the 1st floor having a great time. Mom felt horrible, but it was my fault too...I had been driving and should have kept the keys myself. So to end this long story....Triple A ended up coming and getting the doors open and long and behold, there were the keys lying next to Levi's carseat, PRAISE THE LORD!!!! So she called her sister who was already on her way (with HER 2 grandkids in the car....thanks Aunt Bonnie for doing that!) and told her to turn around.
But get this....this is funny...as we were loading up the van...my college basketball coach, his wife and son come strolling up to the front door!!!!!!! They were on their way to Florida and were stopping by the store on their way! WEIRD!
So thus began our trip up north!!! We finally pulled into 2770 E. Snodgrass around 4 I think it was. That night we went to Vacation Bible School at my old home church and by the time we got home, we were all tired! That was day 1. Wow, I wrote a lot....I'm going to stop for now....but I will leave you with some pictures of the new church building at Fletcher. They had their dedication service on Sunday! I will write more soon!
The front of the church where the entrance used to be at.
There is a new entrace, but it takes you into the hallway that leads to the sanctuary. The new main main entrance is in the back where the new huge parking lot is!
The old educational wing....the new part goes exactly with it!
Inside the sanctuary...it is AWESOME and really wierd that it's the church I grew up in....beacuse the building is not, but the people still are!
Pastor Russ was telling me that behind the baptismal tub, they are going to put rocks up on the wall with a big wooden cross..it will be incredible!
The stain glass windows are the same ones that were in the old church...so cool that they saved them!
No comments:
Post a Comment