Friday, July 10, 2009

Slippin' and a Slidin'!!!!!

So on Wed. afternoon, we decided it would be fun to get a slip-n-slide for Levi.....yea, "for Levi". We shopped around and found that Meijers had them for half off. So what does that mean when you find something for half price? Of course....its justified to buy 2...because really it's like paying full price for 1, but actually getting 2! Who can pass up a deal like that? I wasn't all for it, but Anthony talked me into it. So Wednesday evening we decided to set it up......

We decided to start off on the more level part of our backyard so that way Levi could go down slow.

Here he goes!

He loved how it squirted water out on the sides...that seemed to entertain him more than the slip-n-slide itself!

Okay, so then Anthony decided to get out #2.

And as if that wasn't good enough, we (I should say ANTHONY) decided to move them over to the steep part of the hill and connect the two to make a big long one!

So of course, I had to be the first one to try it!

I'm a dork!

A very messy and grassy dork!!! BUT it was one heck of a ride!

And then of course, the man himself, Anthony took a turn! Notice Levi at the top...his job was to wet the slide...and he LOVED doing it!

I love this picture!

So after we were down slippin and sliding, we dried off and set some "fireworks" off for Levi.

Since Anthony had to work on the 4th, this was our big 4th of July spectacular! haha!

So the next day, we got the slides back out and invited all the neighbor kids over to play. I got some great pictures of them on my facebook page! They had a blast and I think we spent about 30 bucks in water that day!


Levi enjoyed watching from his chair....and eating while watching them....

...so I took him inside for lunch, where he demanded that he wear his ballcap while eating. Weird I know.

After lunch, our freind Amanda came over with her son Kaden. These 2 are 2 peas in a pod. They crack us up! There's more pictures of them on my facebook as well. Kaden loved the slides too!

Levi's turn to go down! Oh and I forgot to mention....after the neighbor kids were here, we decided that 2 slides weren't enough...so I ran BACK to Meijers and bought another one to add to the bottom to make it even longer!!! We couldn't even start the little ones at the top because it was so long and steep! I must admit though, the 3 slides together, PLUS Anthony's blue tarp that he added at the end, made it one totally AWESOME ride! There's pictures of the long slide on facebook.

Still going....

Once he stopped, he still tried to keep going!


And kept trying!

It was such a fun day. I think it may be possible that us adults had more fun that the kiddos did! It was fun watching them go down and have a great time. We plan on having one more big day of slip-n-slide before the kids go back to school....so if you are reading this and want to know when that is, just let me know!!! We can't wait!

No comments: