Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Michigan DAY 2!

So day 2 in Michigan....our first full day there...started before the crack of dawn! I think the boys were up at 6, along with grandma, and Levi followed about 30 min. later, as did I and Sarah and I think Claire. Tom and Anthony slept in a little bit, while Sarah and I hit the gym. I should rephrase that...Sarah hit the gym... I tagged along and did about 20 min. on the eliptical. They have a work-out place and pool right there in the neighborhood, so we were able just to walk down there. It was so nice and peaceful quite at that time in the morning....I usually am never outside at that time. So it started off the day in a good way. Once we got home, we all ate breakfast and Tom and Anthony were waking up and we started making plans for the day.

Grandma watching all 4 kids in the morning. Thanks mom for taking all of the pictures....I'm so glad you did!

It's kind of a dark picture, but you can see that Levi and Drew are sitting together all cuddled up! It was pretty funny!


Eating breakfast...

So I guess I should now mention that pretty much every waking free second we had in the house, we (or I should say I) played the Wii....tennis, baseball, hool-a-hooping (which I will never attempt again in my life so don't ask!), circus games, aerobics and more! My personal favorite and most addicting was Mario Kart. I think every night I challenged my family to play and we would play from the time the kids went to sleep until 11:30 or so! I couldn't quit until I finished first....so you can only imagine! ;) My nephews are so good at the Mario Kart....they would challenge me to race....we had fun teasing each other and competing! I only wish we could be around them more! I love being an Aunt!!

All dressed and ready to go...I think I scared Claire, but Levi I guess is used to it!


Okay, so back to our day....so Sarah and Tom had heard of this game called Geo Cash . It's basically like a treasure scavenger hunt via a GPS. So you look on the internet on this website to find out where people have hid stuff. You then mark it on your GPS and go out and find it! So Tom found something at a park close by and mapped it and we went to find it!! Here's the pictures of our treasure hunting!!!

The 4 of us tracking our treasure...

Heading into the woods...notice that Levi is leading the way!

Still searching...getting closer...

FOUND IT!!! There were goodies inside for the kids and a pad of paper to sign your name and where you are from. The people who found it before us were from California!

Searching for a toy...

Hiking down to the waterfall stream where the Salamon swim upstream (in the fall I think is what Tom told me)

The waterfalls....we sent Levi's toy duck that he got from the treasure box down the falls...sorry Levi!

We found out later, that here in the town we live in, there are over 200 things hidden, so we are planning on doing some Midway Treasure Hunting of our own!! How fun is that?!?!

Later that night we (I shouldn't include myself in this, because I honestly did nothing to help) grilled out! We had burgers and hotdogs and they were GOOD!!! Did I mention that Tom and Sarah are on this crazy diet of not eating any carbs or sugar??!?! They both look AMAZING and have lost so much weight! I am proud of them...a little envious....but proud! ;) Actually Tom is training for a mini-triathalon on Aug. 9! GO TOM!!! Anyway...so they eat lots of meat, which made Anthony really excited..I don't know how many hamburgers he ate...but I'm sure it was at least 4, probably more!

The boys building their awesome train!

When I say boys, I really mean Tom and me!


I think after dinner, we played outside some and just relaxed. I will try and get Monday's events and pictures up soon!

1 comment:

Brent, Hannah, and Madison Hall said...

Looks like you all had a fun time!