This weekend was the Midway Fall Fesitval. I was very excited about it because last year I didn't get to make it since I was sick. It was very crowded and a little on the warm side, but we still managed to have a good time. Although it is definitely a challenge pushing a double stroller in a crowd!
In front of the army truck!
Thank goodness Colt fell asleep in the stroller...I would have roasted if I had to papoose him!
They had horse rides, jumpy things, games and crafts for the kids...but it all cost money- so we skipped out on those things. However Levi did get to ride this "train" :) He had to crank it with his hands, so it wasn't quite the easy relaxing train ride!
In front of Old Smokey- the steam engine. For the Derby, it carries people through Midway to Church Hill Downs....I'm guessing it's rich people that get to ride!
I ended up buying a few homemade crafts at the festival which was my highlight....I told Anthony that I felt guilty that he didn't buy anything....but he said he didn't care because....
...THIS was HIS highlight...meeting Andy Barr- who is the republican nominee running for the House this November. We got to meet him, his wife and his parents....very humble people. Mr. Barr even thanked Anthony for HIS service to his community when he found out he was a police officer! It was very cool and Anthony was very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment