Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st Annual Cul-da-sac cookout!

I will get back to my other posts soon.....but first I wanted to write about yesterday. We hosted the first ever Carriage Lane Cul-da-sac cook-out! It has been 4 years in the making, and finally we made it happen! It seems like its always hard to get everyone's schedules to match up...especially Anthony's and our neighbor Ken (Kaden's daddy) who is a pharmacist. So we just finally picked a day and said if you could make it great, and if not...maybe next time! I think all of our close by neighbors made it by the end of the night! It was lots of fun and Anthony even followed up the night by letting off a few fireworks that my brother gave him. We are already planning for our next get together, and next time will have bigger and better fireworks (I gotta get talking to my brother!)

Levi was "helping" me get things set up.


Some of the group...

We set the corn-hole boards out...but with all the kids, I don't think any of the adults really got to play!

The "kiddie corner"

Mr. Grill Man

Best freinds...look at how Kaden is licking his plate...he's making sure to get all the chocolate icing off of it! You would think that was my child because that's totally something I would do!

Papa Carl making home-made peach ice-cream..it was SO GOOD!

More neighbors...and Anthony's legs!

The only picture of me last night and it's a terrible one, but it's a cute one of Bella.


Our neighbors Ken and Amanda..Kaden's mommy and daddy. We love them!

So we all decided that it was so much fun having our cook-out that plans are already underweigh for a fall get-together..with a possibility of "hay rides" a.k.a. pulling a wagon behind the John Deere! Whatever it is, it's sure to be fun. And if you are reading this and you weren't part of this cook-out, be sure to let me know and you'll be invited to our next one!!


On a sadder note, Levi's goldfish "Maka" decided that life in a fishbowl wasn't what he wanted out of life. He "kicked the bucket" sometime today as we found him floating at the bottom of the bowl tonight after Levi's bath. I think "Maka" lived not even a full week in the Delimpo household. As we flushed "Maka" down the toilet, Levi was jumping and yelling "DEAD" "DEAD" "DEAD". I can only hope he handles death of future pets this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow !....big party, dead fish...good thing you have a NEW disposal :o)

Anonymous said...

Tell Levi that grandma will buy him another fish, this one we will call George, it will last longer.