Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kings Island Day

Thanks to my mom who was here during Grandma camp for allowing Anthony and I to spend the entire day at Kings Island. We didn't decided until the night before that we were actually going to do it. We kept going back and forth with what we wanted to do, and finally at about 11 p.m. the night before we decided we should do it! It would have been nice however if we had bought the tickets in advance, because I think the longest line we waited in all day was the line at the ticket gate just to buy the tickets (kidding...but it was a long wait!)





Early in the morning before we left...I think it was around 8 or so. We had to run a few errands for Anthony's job before we could get on the road, so we ended up getting to the park a little after 10 a.m.





The first thing we did once inside the park was sprint to the line for the Diamondback...the new fastest, meanest, tallest rollercoaster. The wait was only 45 min. which was awesome considering this is it first year there, so of course, I jumped in line. Anthony was sweet to wait in the lines with me, even though he didn't ride the real big coasters.





But he did take some good pictures! Yes, it was tall and fast and AMAZING! At one point, I had to hold my head with my hands because the pressure was making my head feel like it was going to explode...COOL!!!



I also got to ride Delirium I think it was called. This too was out of this world. It's been about 5 years since I've been to Kings Island, so there were 3 rides that I have never done before, with this being one of them.



So after this ride we went over to the Water Canyon ride. Anyone who knows me, knows that I HATE water rides. I don't enjoy the idea of walking around the park in wet clothes and wet shoes. I hate it and will not ride these rides. Well, remember how I said my husband was sweet for standing in line with me in the ride lines even though he wasn't riding? I knew there was a catch. A big old guilt trip of going on the stinking water rides. So we walk over to the area and when we get there, they have lockers for 75 cents that you cant rent to put your bags in so they won't get soaked. So I said, allright Anthony....we can do that I guess. In the meantime, I'm seeing people exiting the ride who are completely just soaked to the bone. I'm dreading it, but was willing to do it for Anthony. So we get the locker open and put our stuff inside and shut, when Anthony realizes he forgets to put his wallet and cell phone in the locker. Real nice. And of course, yes, when you open the locker back up, you can't get it to lock back until you put 75 MORE cents into the dumb thing. So we do and we start walking down the line. As we are doing this, we continue to see soaking wet people come off the ride. I proceed to tell Anthony that everytime I ride the water rides, I'm that person who gets stuck under the waterfalls, or gets the water sprayed on and that I'm not happy doing this, but I will. We see more and more soaking wet people...I keep nagging Anthony..."do you REALLY want to walk around the park soaking wet?? do you?? really??"



So YESSSSS, I convince him NOT to ride the ride (but I did promise him that we could ride it right before we planned on going to the waterpark....that way, if we were wet, we'd be in our swim suits and would be getting wet anyway!) So we go and get our stuff out of the locker, (1.50 wasted, but I didn't care because I was dry) and went on our way.



I talked Anthony into riding the Adventure Express ride...which was TERRIBLE. I thought I remembered it being real easy and somewhat juvenile. I was wrong. It was jerky and a pretty lame ride. I felt bad making Anthony ride it.



After that, he rode Top Gun (well, now it's called Flight Deck) I thought after he got off the ride he wasn't going to make it. During the drop on the coaster, he kept yelling at me, saying how stupid he was and that he was never doing it again. Once off and calmed down, he said he couldn't wait to get back on. I wouldn't let him!

The entertainment during lunch (and we ate here again for dinner later on.)

So we ate lunch and had great entertainment of some country singers and then we headed off to the swings. Not a good idea to do right after lunch. We both felt pretty dizzy, but after Anthony got some water, he was better.

So after that adventure, we changed into our swim stuff and headed back to the dreaded water ride. We put in yet ANOTHER 75 cents into the locker and proceeded to the line. Anthony was like a little kid in a candy shop, and I looked like I was in line for a funeral procession. We finally got into our "raft" and were on our way. Of course we had to get put into a raft with a father and his 2 little girls who WANTED to get soaked!! So they have these little machines all around the ride that onlookers can put quarters into to spray the fountains to get you soaked. So yes, the entire ride I hear, "GET US WET, SOAK US!!! PLEASE!!!!!" And yes, guess who got completely soaked?? That would be ME!!!!! Thank goodness I was in my swimsuit, but not such a good thing that I had my tennie shoes on. I wish I had taken a picture of us, because it was pretty pathetic. Needless to say, our whole trek over to the water park, I felt SQUISH, SQUISH, SQUISH in my shoes. And I had no luck in airing them out in a locker over at the water park...but by the time we left, is wans't too bad. I did learn my lesson though...next time I do a water ride....pack flip flops...don't stand in line by any elementary girls...the first time you put change into a locker, make sure you put everything in there!!!

Okay, so here's Anthony at the waterpark. We had a great time there...I think we spent 4 or 5 hours in that part of the park alone. The funnel ride was the best, but Anthony really liked this ride...the racers. I didn't so much because I got dis-oriented and felt like I was drowning, hahaha!

Here's me getting on the Firehawk ride....you get in and strap yourself in and it lays you on your backs so that way you feel like you are flying like superman. This was my first time and it was SO AWESOME!!! I got to sit in the front which I heard from my co-riders, was the best seat!

That's me up there some where thanks to my photographer husband! (see next picture!)



I got an official night ride on the beast!!! It was way better at night! I love this ride...2 thumbs up!

We took off before the fireworks started, but we did end up staying till about 9:45 (park closed at 10)...we were exhausted. We stopped and got McDonald milkshakes on the way home and came home to my mom sleeping on the couch...she was worn out too....from her grandson!

So that was a little bit about our day out at Kings Island. I have many more stories about that day....but that is a pretty good summary. I hope you enjoyed reading about our fun adventures!

P.S. I updated an earlier blog that I had started...if you want to see it, scroll down to August 5, its the story after the blog about Michigan (its the pictures from IKEA and Cabella's) Just in case you wanted to see them! Okay, bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER get on a roller coaster ......

Drew and Kristin said...

So does Anthony not like roller coasters or does he just not fit? Because poor Drew doesn't fit on very many of the Kings Island coasters. Looks like you guys had a BLAST! It makes me want to go!