This is our part of our back yard and the water coming in from the drains!
Around 3, the storm started to let up so I finished getting ready and got ready to go. I drove separately in the truck, because I knew I wouldn't last until 2 a.m. (Anthony's time of getting off work). I followed him into his roll call, where they had already decided to cancel the roll call meeting and told the officers to go ahead and get ready to take calls. I was bummed I didn't get to see an official roll call meeting, but Anthony was able to take me inside and show me around, so I was happy to do that. As far as calls we went on...I won't go into all the details...but I can say that the night made me appreciate Anthony so much more for what he does and for what he deals with and puts up with. It also makes me very thankful that I have a husband who can leave the stress of his work at work and not bring it home to his family...from what I saw in just that one night, I don't know how he does it. I will say that we got to run lights and sirens for about 10 minuets across town....it was pretty thrilling for me...and I thought I was good at multi-tasking...Anthony showed me a whole new level of what that means! While running lights and sirens...switching his siren at every intersection and talking on the radio...and listening to his radio to hear what the other officer was saying (using all the codes that they use)...he was typing stuff into his laptop computer trying to figure out exactly where we were going AND talking to me telling me everything that was going on....and did I mention it was pouring down the rain at the time?!?! I was impressed and amazed. Anyway...I better stop..but if anyone wants to know more about my night, please ask!!! I saw some pretty crazy people and was at a crime scene with a gun involved. On one call, I had a girl start telling me her story because she thought I was a detective I guess. I was right beside Anthony the whole night and got to see everything! I ended up staying till about 11...the whole time Anthony was taking calls, so we didn't have much down time at all. I can't wait to do another ride-a-long...hopefully it won't take me another 4 years to do so!
I wanted to take a picture in front of his cruiser...but it was pouring down the rain (notice Anthony's wet uniform!)
Another of the 2 of us!
This is what Levi was doing to occupy himself during the storm!
P.S. make sure to scroll down to the next entry..I just wrote it today too, but it is dated earlier because I started the draft before the one I just wrote.
1 comment:
I have LOVED all the updates lately! Thanks for doing that. And I'd like to hear the stories from your ride along...sounds like it was a lot of fun! Drew said he still would love to do one someday.
By the way, I don't think Drew and I will be passing through Nashville on our trip down there, but we look forward to seeing you in Oct. Have a great trip to SC!
Post a Comment